£35k - £45k per year
about 2 months ago
A shipping management company based in London are looking for a Business Analyst to join their collaborative team. The successful candidate will work alongside performance analysts to develop tools to extract expert analysis from complex data sets, to aid commercial decision making, produce reports and visualise data.
The successful candidates responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
- Work with databases to build visualisations of vessel performance data
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of vessel performance
- Understand and analyse vessel data
- Produce monthly reports - Contribute to an evolving effort of building new analysis and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Review and understand SQL queries used in systems
- Understand and map workflows/processes
The successful candidate will have:
- 2.1 minimum degree from a top university
- 0- 2 years' experience in any analytical role
- Experience in either SQL or Python (both desirable)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and comparable analytical tools.
- Would be beneficial to have experience in some of the following;
- Vessel performance
- Working with large data sets
- Building dashboards/reports using BI visualisation software (Tableau, Power Bi etc)
- Exposure to IT development projects including API's and database structures
All candidates must have full right to work in the UK.