Freshminds found me the best candidates in a short space of time, I could have actually hired all the candidates on their shortlist.
(Head of Performance Management, Johnston Press)
Freshminds stands out from the crowd because of the quality of CVs on their books – they clearly have a strong pool of highly strategic and commercially-focussed individuals who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
(Director of International Customer Reach, Major High Street Retailer)
Each and every individual I have dealt with in Freshminds has been extremely professional but with a refreshingly friendly and approachable manner. I would recommend them to anyone.
(Head of Recruitment, Major international FMCG)
The destination for Minds with a consulting skill set, our network empowers Europe's leading businesses with fresh, commercial thinking. We source graduates, researchers, analysts, consultants, project managers and directors for demanding permanent jobs or consulting projects.
Freshminds was founded in 2000 by Caroline Plumb and Charlie Osmond – two Oxford graduates fresh from university who pioneered a flexible working model and introduced the concept of ‘Minds’ (the sharpest individuals with a consulting skill set in Europe).
Shortly after being set up as a research consultancy, one of our many delighted clients asked whether they could hire the person who had done the work. This gave us a great idea: why not offer clients the option to recruit exceptional Minds as permanent team members or project Minds to work directly within their team? In 2001 this was exactly what we did, and from this point onwards the business offered both recruitment and research services.
In 2007, we split off the recruitment and research consultancies into two separate, specialist operating units, with our sister company - the insight and innovation consultancy, FreshMinds - continuing to provide a broad spectrum of research services.
Our network of Minds
Freshminds attracts the top talent with a consulting skill set in Europe. We manage two pools of Minds:
- Analytical graduates or those in their early career with a consulting skill set (including the best 100 peer-nominated graduates at top 10 UK universities sourced through our Ones to Watch scheme).
- Proven ex-strategy and management consultants.
Apart from experienced consultants, our initial benchmark is AAB at A-Level and 2:1 or higher from a Russell Group university. Beyond this, all our Minds are rigorously assessed and carefully selected using 5 key attributes of the consulting skill set: Problem Solving, Numeracy, Personal Impact, Collaboration, Communication. Only if they possess all these attributes can we be certain they have the right balance of analytical rigour, commercial acumen and other essential skills, such as the ability to manage a range of stakeholders.
Our services: permanent jobs and consulting projects
- Permanent. We fill a range of positions from graduate level through to experienced hire. Typical roles include analysts (research, business, strategy, financial), consultants, project leads, commercial managers and directors. More
- Projects. Top tier consulting at a fraction of the cost, our Projects Team places Minds (as individuals or teams) on discrete strategic, analytical and insight projects. Using a flexible workforce allows businesses to manage and control their projects, fill skills gaps and meet tight deadlines. More
- Best in class. We know we’re up against tough competition. Which makes us work even harder to stay ahead. That’s why we surround ourselves with inspirational colleagues – people who never stop thinking creatively and giving their all to deliver unsurpassed results for our clients and candidates.
- Collaborative. Teamwork lies at the heart of who we are. By providing sincere, objective advice and challenging convention, we develop genuinely insightful relationships with clients, candidates and each other.
- Driven. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of a job well done. And that’s what drives us. It shows in the way we’re proactive and conscientious, and how we do all we can to give our clients and candidates the most commercially astute service possible.
- Engaging. We always take our work seriously, but never ourselves. This makes us particularly enjoyable to work with. Our team’s sense of humour, inquisitive nature and engaging personality make anything seem possible. And the buzz this creates is electric.