£700 - 800 per day
27 days ago
A global management consulting firm is working on a logistics and supply chain optimization for a pan-European FMCG company. Part of Procurement & Organization Efficiencies program, this cost reduction exercise encompasses two phases: 1) an assessment of their current Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouses, including the production of a tender exercise to invite competitive bids, and 2) the potential to further implement the outcomes and recommendations of the aforementioned assessment.
You will be a commercially and analytically minded consultant, with Manager level experience from a consulting firm (within Supply Chain, Logistics and Operations) and a strong bias to action. Working with the consulting firm as well as the client’s team, you will manage a team of 3 on the delivery of phase 1, which is the assessment of the logistics and warehousing capabilities of the company and the production of the tender exercise. Following the delivery of phase 1, there will be a potential to discuss the implementation of startegic recommendations (phase 2).
Objectives will include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and analyse data to build a comprehensive understanding of the AS IS status, including services, systems and partnerships across the supply chain;
- Liaise with Advanced Analytics team members to assess needs and identify gaps / opportunities for improvement;
- Produce a tender exercise to formally invite competitive bids from selected suppliers;
- Management consulting experience at Manager level is mandatory;
- Solid track record in supply chain and logistics, having run end-to-end optimization programs in the consumer goods/FMCG industry;
- Commercial and analytical blend – understanding of advanced analytics in the supply chain function is a plus;
- Start: early October, ideally
- Duration: 5-6 weeks, with a potential to run the implementation phase (4-6 months)
- Location: remote
- Day rate: up to £800 LTD (dependent on experience)